-On Thursday November 5, 2020, Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) members of the Northumberland and Peterborough Detachments of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), executed a Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) warrant as a result of a drug trafficking investigation.
The OPP Emergency Response Team, Canine Unit, and uniform members assisted with the execution of the search warrant that took place in the town of Campbellford at a residence on Wallace Street.
Investigators arrested two individuals and seized a quantity of cocaine, cash, two firearms, assorted rounds of ammunition, and other drug trafficking related items. The potential street value of the seized cocaine is worth approximately $5,890.
John WESLEY, (age 58) of Trent Hills, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order (two counts)
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg on January 13, 2021.
A second individual also from the Trent Hills area, was arrested during the warrant execution on the strength a separate warrant for an unrelated matter. This individual is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg on a date later this month.