Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) attended a motor vehicle collision on Highway 7 at approximately 2:00pm yesterday afternoon. Two vehicles were involved in the collision. No injuries were reported but one of the drivers was found to be under the influence of alcohol.
Barbara BOWES (age 65) of Peterborough, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
· Operation while impaired-alcohol
· Operation while impaired-blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
· Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available
· Driving motor vehicle with unsealed container of liquor
· Drive commercial motor vehicle-no licence
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on December 15, 2020.