On November 25, at 1:00 pm, officers from the Cobourg Police Service were dispatched to a call in Cobourg’s downtown area with a report that a pellet gun had been discharged.
Police attended the area and located a woman in possession of several pellet guns. As a result of police investigation, 22-year-old Karleigh HORSLEY of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Carry Concealed Weapon contrary to section 90 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis in a public place contrary to section 8(1)(a) of the Cannabis Act
- Alter or offer to alter the chemical or physical properties of cannabis by use of an organic solvent contrary to section 12(1)(b) of the Cannabis Act
- Fail to Comply with Judicial Release Order contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code x3
HORSLEY was held in custody pending a Show Cause Hearing on November 26, 2020.