Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle for a Highway Traffic Act offence on Keene Road at approximately 2:00pm on January 2, 2021. The driver was found to be in possession of illicit drugs and was also breaching their bail conditions.
Justin HANEY (age 32) of Marmora and Lake, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Failure to comply with release order-other than to attend court
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
- Driving while under suspension
- Fail to comply with probation order
- Obstruct peace officer
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle
- Possession of a Schedule I substance-methamphetamine
The accused appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on January 3, 2021.