The Town of Cobourg would like to inform residents that non-medical masks are now mandatory while utilizing the Rotary Harbourfront Outdoor Skating Rink in keeping with Provincial ‘Stay-At-Home-Order’ and to further stop the risk of spreading COVID-19.
“I would like to thank the community for their patience and understanding during the temporary closure while we reviewed and received further clarity on the ‘Stay-At-Home-Order’,” said Teresa Behan, Deputy Director of Community Services for the Town of Cobourg. “I am pleased that we can continue to provide another recreational outlet that promotes both physical exercise and mental health and wellbeing during this time.”
The Rotary Harbourfront Outdoor Rink will resume normal operations beginning Saturday, January 16th at 10 a.m. and will continue to accommodate 10 skaters at time slots of 45-minutes with the same operational hours being Monday to Sunday from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Helpful Reminders for the Rink
- 10 maximum occupancy
- Bookings consist of a 45-minute time slot
- Register each member of your household, you will receive a confirmation email
- Abide by all safety protocols including a strong recommendation to physically distance and you must wear a non-medical mask
- No organized team sports (hockey) or games of tag are allowed
- The Albert Street Transit Shelter remains closed
- If you are not feeling well, stay home
Booking a Time Slot for the Rink
Rink bookings can be made online by visiting www.cobourg.ca/outdoor-rink. The booking portal for the following week will open up the Monday prior by 9 a.m. Please also remember to complete all fields (name, address and phone number) to ensure your booking is accepted.