A man has been arrested for possession of stolen property and fail to comply with probation and release order after police respond to a suspicious person call.
On Wednesday, January 20, at 2:30 am, uniform members of the Cobourg Police Service attended the Ballantine Street and Huycke Street’s area in Cobourg for a report of a suspicious person entering vehicles.
As a result of the police investigation, 31-year-old Michael Kitchen of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of property obtained by Crime- Section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
- Utter forged document- Section 368(1) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with probation order contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code x3
- Failure to comply with undertaking contrary to section 145 (4)(a) of the Criminal Code x2
- Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code. X2
Kitchen was held for a show cause hearing.