The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged four people following a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) investigation.
On January 19, 2021, at approximately 6:00 a.m., the Quinte West OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), assisted by members of the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) and Emergency Response Team (ERT), executed a search warrant at a residence on Ferry Street in the City of Quinte West.
As a result, four people were arrested. A quantity of suspected fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine, psilocybin (Magic mushrooms), and hydromorphone tablets were seized from the residence, along with a crossbow, a replica handgun, and a flare gun altered to be used as a handgun.
Scott ADAMS, 37 years old, Justin ADAMS, 31 years old, Laurel COUGHLIN, 38 years old, and Thomas MOORE, 36 years old, all from Quinte West have been charged with the following CDSA offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine – two counts
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Hydromorphone
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Fentanyl; and
- Possession of a schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking – Psilocybin
Additionally, Scott ADAMS has been charged with possession of an imitation weapon for a dangerous purpose, and MOORE has also been charged with three counts of fail to comply with a probation order, two counts of fail to comply with a release order, and fail to comply with a firearms prohibition.
MOORE and Scott ADAMS were held in custody and are scheduled to appear for video bail on January 20, 2021. Justin ADAMS and COUGHLIN were released from custody on an Undertaking and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on February 15, 2021.