Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle on Spillsbury Drive at approximately 2:30pm on January 29, 2021. The driver was found to be breaching their bail conditions and in possession of illicit drugs.
Edward CARTER (age 29) of Ottawa, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
• Failure to comply with release order-other than to attend court-three counts
• Operation while prohibited
• Driving while under suspension
• Carrying concealed weapon
• Novice driver-B.A.C. above zero
• Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
• Possession of a Schedule I substance-opioid
The accused appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice for a bail hearing on January 30, 2021.