On the afternoon of Saturday, February 6, 2021, police were dispatched to an address on Division Street in the Town of Cobourg with a report of a man stealing items from a closed business.
Police located the suspect, and after a brief foot pursuit Richard ADRIAANS, a 28-year-old male from the Town of Cobourg was arrested.
Police located a small quantity of fentanyl and some stolen property.
As a result of the investigation, the accused was charged with the following offences:
- Theft Under $5000 – Contrary to Section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – Contrary to Section 355(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – to wit Fentanyl – Contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Obstruct Police – Contrary to Section 129(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Enter Premises when Prohibited – Contrary to Section 2(1)(a)(i) of the Trespass to Property Act
- Fail to Comply with Probation – Contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada x2
The accused was held for a bail hearing.