On Thursday February 11, 2021, at approximately 1:50 am, members from the Northumberland Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were conducting a R.I.D.E program in Port Hope and stopped a vehicle to determine the sobriety of the driver. Officers could see a large blue barrel, with no top or lid, in the rear seat of the vehicle that appeared to contain cannabis marihuana.
As a result of the investigation, officers seized approximately 10lbs of cannabis marihuana, cannabis seeds, vacuum sealer, vacuum bags, a scale, and various other items.
Jake DEETH (age 28) of Port Hope, Ontario and Phoenix MES-GREALY (age 22) of Cobourg, Ontario were arrested and each charged under the Cannabis Act with:
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place
- Possession of illicit cannabis
- Possess, produce, sell distribute or import anything with intention to use it to produce, sell or distribute illicit cannabis
- Possession for the purpose of distributing
- Possession cannabis for the purpose of selling
Jake DEETH was additionally charged under the Cannabis Control Act with:
- Have care or control of a vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available.
Both accused were arrested and released on an undertaking and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on March 3 2021.