On the morning of Tuesday, February 23, 2021, officers on patrol in the downtown core observed a man currently sought by the Cobourg Police Service on the strength of an outstanding arrest warrant.
As a result of a police investigation, 46 -year-old Mark WHITEFIELD, of Cobourg, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Failing to Attend Court Contrary to Section 145(2)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada x2
- Failing to Comply with Probation Contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada x2
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Contrary to Section 355(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada x2
- Theft Under $5,000.00 Contrary to Section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Data Contrary to Section 342(3) of the Criminal Code of Canada
WHITEFIELD was released from police custody with a future court date in April of 2021.