On Monday, February 22, 2021, police were dispatched to a business downtown Cobourg regarding an alleged theft from the premise that occurred on Friday, February 19, 2021. Police commenced an investigation and identified a person of interest.
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, officers on patrol in the downtown core observed the person of interest.
As a result of subsequent police investigation, 33-year-old Brandon MILLER of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following;
- Theft Under $5,000.00 Contrary to Section 334(b) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Contrary to Section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
- Carry Concealed Weapon Contrary to Section 90(1) of the Criminal Code
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon Contrary to Section to Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Scheduled 1 Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
MILLER was released from police custody with a scheduled court date in March of 2021.