On the afternoon of Wednesday, March 24, 2021, uniform members of the Cobourg Police Service responded to a business in the west end of Cobourg regarding a theft in progress call where a man and a woman stole a large quantity of razor blades and electric toothbrush heads.
Police attended the area and located the male suspect nearby. Police conducted an extensive search of the area for the second suspect. The female suspect is still outstanding.
As a result of the police investigation, 22-year-old Sebastian Caldararu of Etobicoke was arrested and charged with:
- Theft Under $5000 contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime contrary to section 355(b) of the Criminal Code
- Escape Lawful Custody contrary to section 145(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance x 2 contrary to section 145 (3) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance contrary to section 139(1) of the Youth Criminal Justice Act
Caldararu was held for a bail hearing and released this afternoon with a future court date.
The investigation is continuing into the identity of the outstanding female suspect.