A man has been charged with operation of a conveyance after a single motor vehicle collision.
On April 4, 2021 at 11:40 am, police attended the scene of a single motor vehicle collision on Division Street in which a car struck a fire hydrant before leaving the roadway and coming to rest on the boulevard. While investigating the incident, police learned that prior to the collision, the driver of the vehicle had been involved in a domestic dispute in the parking lot of a business on Division Street in which the driver’s partner was assaulted. No injuries occurred from the assault.
As a result of the police investigation, the driver of the vehicle is charged with the following offence:
- Assault contrary to Section 266 of the Criminal Code
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance contrary to Section 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code
- Operation of Conveyance while impaired contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Obstruct Peace Officer contrary to Section 129(a) of the Criminal Code
- Failure or Refusal to comply with demand contrary to Section 320.15(1) of the Criminal Code x2
- Fail to comply with release order contrary to Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with Probation Order contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
- Breach of Recognizance contrary to Section 811 of the Criminal Code
The identity of the accused will not be released to protect the identity of the victim. The accused was held in custody pending a Show Cause Hearing.