A Cobourg man was charged with impaired driving after police conducted a traffic stop.
On the morning of April 7, 2021, Cobourg police conducted a traffic stop near George Street and King Street West in Cobourg. The vehicle was in violation of highway traffic offences.
As a result of subsequent police investigation, 55-year-old Tim TAFILICA of Cobourg was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Impaired operation contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Impaired operation – blood alcohol concentration 80+ contrary to Section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Turn on red light-fail to yield contrary to section 144(19) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Driver fail to surrender licence contrary to section 33(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Driving motor vehicle with open liquor readily available contrary to section 32(1) of the Liquor Licence Act
TAFILICA was released on an Appearance Notice with a future court date.
Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is a crime in progress. Please call 9-1-1 immediately to report a suspected impaired driver.
Here are some signs of an impaired driver:
- Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
- Making exceptionally wide turns
- Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
- Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
- Disregarding signals and lights
- Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
- Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on