The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has laid multiple charges after a complaint of a person “passed out” in a vehicle.
On April 9, 2021, at approximately 7:45 a.m., Quinte West OPP were dispatched to the parking lot of a business on County Road 2 in Trenton and located a person sleeping in the driver’s seat of a vehicle. Officers spoke to the occupant where they observed a prohibited weapon, drug paraphernalia and a quantity of suspected cocaine within the vehicle. The individual was arrested and transported to the Quinte West OPP Detachment. The accused was further arrested for operation while impaired and underwent a series of tests with a Drug Recognition Expert (DRE).
Bobby-Joe FOSTER, 40 years old of Brighton has been charged with the following offences:
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Occupy motor vehicle knowing there was a prohibited weapon or restricted weapon
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle; and
- Have care or control of vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
The accused was held in custody and was scheduled to appear for bail at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on April 10, 2021.