On Wednesday, April 14, 2021, the Cobourg Police Service received a call from a business on Albert Street about a woman who appeared to be intoxicated. When the woman was refused service, she got into her car and drove away.
Police located the woman operating a vehicle in a parking lot on Elgin Street. Police conducted a traffic stop.
As a result of subsequent police investigation 36-year-old Sadie Mininni of Cobourg was charged with the following:
- Impaired operation contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Impaired operation – blood alcohol concentration 80+ contrary to Section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
Mininni was released from custody on an Appearance Notice with a future court date.
Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is a crime in progress. Please call 9-1-1 immediately to report a suspected impaired driver.
Here are some signs of an impaired driver:
• Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
• Drifting in and out of lanes
• Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
• Making exceptionally wide turns
• Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
• Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
• Disregarding signals and lights
• Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
• Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on