The Northumberland detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has executed a search warrant in Trent Hills that resulted in the seizure of a firearm, ammunition, and cash.
On April 16 2021 at approximately 06:07 a.m.members of the Peterborough/ Northumberland Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) executed a search warrant at a residence in Trent Hills without incident.
As a result of the search warrant the following items were seized:
- Sawed off 22 cal. rifle
- 22 cal. magazine with 22 cal. ammunition
- Shotgun ammunition
- $1,115.00 in Canadian currency
David MUNFORD (age 39) of Trent Hills, was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm Sec 91(1) CC
- Possession of a Prohibited Device Sec 91(2) CC
- Careless Storage of a Firearm Sec 86(1) CC
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking Sec 145(5)(a) CC
David MUNFORD was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cobourg on May 5, 2021