The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding the discharge of a firearm that occurred in Oshawa.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
• At 4:41 p.m. on April 16, 2021, Durham Regional Police Service (DRPS) received a report of a suspicious person and theft from the LCBO at Harmony and Taunton Roads;
• An officer arrived in the area and discharged a firearm at a vehicle;
• DRPS pursued the vehicle and it was stopped in the area of Highways 401 and 427;
• The driver of the vehicle was taken into custody; and
• No injuries have been reported as a result of the gunfire.
SIU investigators and forensic investigators have been dispatched to the scene of the shooting.