The Town of Cobourg’s Emergency Control Group would like to thank the community for their patience and understanding while the Town reviewed the implications from the recent public health measures announced by the Province of Ontario on April 16, 2021.
The new regulations and tightened restrictions from the Stay-At-Home Order include the following additional changes to municipal services and programs:
As of April 19, 2021:
- Outdoor gatherings must be with members of your household only. Those who live alone may join one household.
- All outdoor recreational amenities are closed, including:
- Sports facilities and multi-use fields are closed. Such as basketball courts, baseball diamonds, tennis and pickleball courts, soccer fields, the skateboard park.
- Picnic sites and picnic tables.
- Playgrounds, play structures, and equipment can be used by children if both the children and their parents can maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from others (other than a person who is a member of the same household, a member of one other household who lives alone, or a caregiver for any member of either household).
- Outdoor parks and recreational areas, off-leash dog parks and benches in parks or recreational areas can be used if persons using the amenity maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from any other person who is also using the facility, other than a person who is a member of the same household, a member of one other household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of either household.
- All non-essential construction is paused.
- Weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites or ceremonies are limited to 10 people indoors or outdoors.
All Town parks or recreational areas including the Victoria Park Beach remain open for the purposes of permitting persons to walk through or use portions of the park, beach or recreational area.
“I want to thank our residents for their steadfast resolve to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community,” said Mayor John Henderson for the Town of Cobourg. “I am asking each of you to continue to abide by the Stay-At-Home Order and to take everyone’s health and safety seriously. Only go out if it’s essential, continue to wear a mask, wash your hands and practice physical distancing. Continue to make those good choices.”
For a complete list of updates, please visit the Government of Ontario’s website.
The Town of Cobourg will continue to put out new information as it becomes available across its dedicated COVID-19 webpages (www.cobourg.ca/covid) and social media channels.