Shortly before 2pm today the Municipality of Brighton Fire & Rescue responded to an address on Little Lake Rd for a report of a fully engulfed garage structure near a home.
Cramahe Township Fire Department also responded to the scene for mutual aid with two tanker trucks.
The home owners were inside eating lunch when they heard a weird crackling sound. When they went to investigate the sound they located their garage on fire. The garage and it’s contents were destroyed by a fire with no know source of ignition at this time.
Firefighters checked the nearby structure for any fire extension but were happy to report that the fire had not extended to the home. The plastic siding from the home had been melted away exposing insulation.
At this time it is not known if any injuries were sustained.
We will follow-up with Brighton Fire Chief Jim Smith to find a cause for the fire once crews clear the scene. Both Brighton and Cramahe Fire Crews did a fantastic job containing this fire from spreading to the nearby home and neighbouring business.