On the evening of May 6, 2021, a man wanted by the Cobourg Police Service on the strength of an outstanding warrant was arrested by members of the Port Hope Police Service. The man was transferred to the custody of Cobourg Police.
As a result, 37-year-old Christopher BODMORE of Cobourg was charged with the following:
- Theft under $5000 contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of property under $5000 contrary to section 355(b) of the Criminal Code x4
- Theft of credit card contrary to section 342(1)(c ) of the Criminal Code x3
- Fraud under $5000 contrary to section 380(1)(b) of the Criminal Code x2
- Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code x2
- Utter forged document contrary to section 368(1)(a) of the Criminal Code x2
- Assault contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code
Bodmore was released from Police custody with a future court date.