In early May 2021, as part of an ongoing enhanced enforcement strategy targeting illegal drug activity affecting Northumberland County and the safety of our citizens, the Cobourg Police Service commenced a drug investigation into activity at 351 John Street, in the Town of Cobourg.
On Thursday, May 13, members of the Cobourg Police Service Criminal Investigations Branch, with the assistance of uniform officers, arrested an adult male. At the time of arrest, the man was on release for numerous outstanding robbery charges stemming from a Greater Toronto Area investigation. He was also failing to abide by his condition of house arrest at the time of this interdiction.
As a result of this investigation and search, police, with the assistance of the CPS Forensic Identification Officer, seized a quantity of illegal drugs and cash.
Prince OWUSU, 22-year-old of Brampton, is charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – oxycodone – contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – amphetamine – contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Obstruct Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the Criminal Code
- Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice (Identity fraud), contrary to section CC 403(1)(d) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance, contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
The accused was held pending a bail hearing later today.