The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged two people following a complaint of people smoking drugs in a car.
On May 19, 2021, at approximately 11:30 p.m., Quinte West OPP responded to Mcauley Drive in Trenton and located two people sitting inside a parked vehicle. Upon speaking with the occupants, officers observed open alcohol within the vehicle. Following a search of the vehicle, officers located and seized open alcohol, drug paraphernalia, a scale, a quantity of suspected cocaine and counterfeit currency. Both occupants of the vehicle were arrested, and following a search incident to arrest, additional quantities of suspected cocaine and cash were located in their possession.
Timothy MALLORY, 51 years old and Jeremy WICKENS, 44 years old both of Quinte West have been charged with the following:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine;
- Possession of counterfeit currency
Additionally, MALLORY has been charged with:
- Driving while under suspension
- Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
- Possession of a schedule I substance – Cocaine; and
- Fail to comply with release order
He was held for bail and was scheduled to appear for bail at the Ontario court of Justice in Belleville on May 20, 2021.
WICKENS was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on June 24, 2021.