Cobourg Fire Department battle an early morning fire in the Town of Cobourg

Shortly after 12:20 AM, Monday morning the Cobourg Fire Department were called to a Balls Ln home for a report of smoke throughout the home.

An adjacent neighbour smelled the smoke from the fire in his home. He left his home to ensure everything was ok. After calling 9-1-1, the occupant and neighbour both utilized garden hoses to begin extinguishing the fire.

Responding crews found extensive fire damage in the living room portion of the home. A couch and it’s surrounding area was quickly doused with water by responding crews.

The homes occupant sustained burns to the hands and feet and was transported to local hospital for treatment by Northumberland County Paramedics. The extent of injuries is unknown at this time. No other injuries have been reported. A cat was pulled from the home but did not make it.

The cost of the damage is unknown at this time.

Related posts

Leave a Reply