The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) recently executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) related search warrant that resulted in the seizure of cash, drugs and drug paraphernalia.
On June1, 2021 the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), assisted by the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Canine unit, attended a residence on Hickory Beach Road to execute the warrant. The investigation was assisted by the Peterborough Police Service.
The warrant resulted in the seizure of the following items:
- 57g of a substance suspected to be Cocaine
- 1g of a substance suspected to be Fentanyl
- $2 200.00 Canadian currency
- Weigh scales
Two local residents, Shirley Everson, 43 years of age, and Steven Norman, 41 years of age, were arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine, contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – opioid (other than heroin), contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada, contrary to the Criminal Code
The accused parties are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Lindsay on July 8, 2021.