On June 20, 2021, police on general patrol observed two individuals trespassing on private property downtown Cobourg. Police investigation revealed that one was wanted on an arrest warrant with the Cobourg Police Service.
As a result, Patricia SASS, a 46-year-old woman from Carrying Place, was arrested on the strength of the warrant and charged with the following offences:
- Fail to attend court contrary to section 145(2)(b) Criminal Code of Canada
- Possess property under $5000 contrary to section 355(b) Criminal Code of Canada
- Utter forged document contrary to section 374(b) Criminal Code of Canada x 2
- Fraud under $5000 contrary to section 380(1)(b) Criminal Code of Canada
- Fail to appear contrary to section 145(3) Criminal Code of Canada
The warrant was unendorsed for release. SASS was held in custody for a bail hearing.