The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged two people after a traffic stop for a Highway Traffic Act offence.
On June 22, 2021, at approximately 1:00 p.m., officers with the Quinte West OPP conducted a traffic stop of a white sedan on Glen Miller Road in Trenton after observing the vehicle had no front license plate. Officers observed cannabis that wasn’t stored properly within the vehicle, and additionally learned the driver was driving with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested and following a search of the vehicle a quantity of suspected methamphetamine, along with drug paraphernalia was seized. A passenger was also arrested for drug possession.
Shayne DESORMO, 33 years old and Ashley SCOLIN, 35 years old, both from Trenton have been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule I substance – Methamphetamine
- Fail to comply with probation order
Additionally, DESORMO has been charged with:
- Driving while under suspension
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
- Drive motor vehicle, fail to display two plates; and
- Disobey portable red light – proceed before green
Both accused were released from custody with undertakings and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on August 9, 2021. Additionally, the vehicle was impounded for 45 days.