On Wednesday July 14, 2021 members of the Ontario Provincial Police Provincial Joint Forces Cannabis Enforcement Team, Kawartha Lakes and Northumberland Community Street Crime Units (CSCU) in conjunction with the Central region Emergency Response Team (ERT), executed a Cannabis Act Warrant on Dale Rd, in the Municipality of Port Hope.
Investigators seized approximately 3850 cannabis marihuana plants worth an estimated value of $3,850,000.00 as well as over 800 lbs of processed cannabis.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested and charged the following ten people:
- Xiu LIN (age 61) of Scarborough
- Yu Me CHEN (age 55) of Markham
- Lin Xiu ZHEN (age 50) of Markham
- Yan Fang YANG (age 48) of Markham
- Yue Yzng GUAN (age 67) of no fixed address
- Xiu Ya LIN (age 42) of Markham
- Jiao Hua PENG (age 64) of no fixed address
- Yu Shi GAO (age 32 years) of Scarborough
- Xue Jing GAO (age 62) of no fixed address
- Yo Xin CHEN (age 53) of Whitby
The accused parties have been charged with the following offences under the Cannabis Act:
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing
- Unlawfully cultivate, propagate, or harvest cannabis not within a dwelling house
The ten accused parties are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on August 25th, 2021, in the Town of Cobourg.