Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle on Highway 28 for a Highway Traffic Act offence at approximately 9:00pm on August 1, 2021. The driver was found to be breaching their bail conditions and was also in possession of illicit drugs.
James RYAN (age 31) of Ajax, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule I substance-opioid
• Driving while under suspension
• Failure to comply with release order-other than to attend court-two counts
• Drive-hand-held communication device
• Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on September 9, 2021.