Cobourg Police arrest and charge a man for aggravated assault after responding to a call of a reported stabbing.
Just before 3:00 pm on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, police received a report of a man being stabbed near James Street and John Street in the Town of Cobourg.
Upon arrival, police located a man, matching the description provided, with stab wound injuries. The man was in serious condition but had non-life-threatening injuries and was sent to the hospital to receive treatment.
The male suspect fled the scene on foot. Police apprehended the man a short distance away without incident.
As a result of the police investigation, Jesse HALL, a 28-year-old resident of Grafton, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Aggravated Assault contrary to section 268 of the Criminal Code
- Assault with a Weapon contrary to section 267(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon contrary to section 90 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a weapon contrary to a Prohibition Order contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Probation contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
HALL was held for a bail hearing.
Members of the Cobourg Police Service Criminal Investigation Branch, with the assistance of uniform officers and Forensic Identification Services, are continuing the investigation.
This is believed to be an isolated event, and there is no concern for public safety at this time.
Residents who live in the area or were present around the time of the incident are asked to check their security cameras or dash cameras in the event that the incident was captured on video.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cobourg Police Service Criminal Investigations Branch, Detective Constable Maguire, at 905-372-6821 ext. 2276, or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by phone by calling 1-800-222-TIPSor online by visiting stopcrimehere.ca.