Driver arrested for impaired driving after police respond to report of suspected impaired driving.
On the evening of September 1, 2021, police responded to a call for a suspected impaired. A vehicle matching the description provided was located travelling Northbound on Division Street without the rear lights on, and a traffic stop was conducted.
As a result of the investigation, police arrested and charged 54-year-old Ika Nadia RAMSEY of Toronto with the following offences:
1) Operation while Impaired – Alcohol/Drug contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
2) Operation while Impaired over 80 contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
3) Drive Without Proper Rear Light – motor vehicle contrary to section 62(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
4) Driver Fail to Surrender License contrary to section 33(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
5) Class G1 License Holder – Unaccompanied by Qualified Driver contrary to section 5(1) of the Highway
Traffic Act Ontario Regulation 340/94
6) Novice Driver – Blood Alcohol Concentration Above Zero contrary to section 44.1(3) of the Highway
7) Having Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquid contrary to section 32(1) of
the Liquor License Act
RAMSEY was released with a future court date.