The Town of Cobourg’s Public Works Division would like to inform residents that CN Railway will be temporarily closing the railway crossings at Burnham Street and Ontario Street for track maintenance.
The following railway crossing closures will be effected:
- Burnham Street Railway Crossingwill be closed beginning Sunday, September 26th at 8 p.m. until Tuesday, September 28th at 9 p.m.
- Burnham Street will be closed to all traffic, including vehicular, pedestrian and cyclists, at the tracks for the duration of the maintenance work.
- The railway crossing will remain open in the morning and afternoon only for students who are walking or cycling to and from school.
- Ontario Street Railway Crossingwill be closed beginning Tuesday, September 28th at 9 p.m. until Thursday, September 30th at 9 p.m.
- Ontario Street will be closed to all traffic, including vehicular, pedestrian and cyclists, at the tracks for the duration of the maintenance work.
Detours and signage will be posted to assist those who may be traveling in the effected areas during the scheduled maintenance, however residents are asked to avoid the areas if possible. The Town of Cobourg would like to thank our residents in advance for your patience and cooperation.
Please contact the Public Works Division at 905-372-9971.