Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a motor vehicle collision on Young’s Point Road at approximately 7:45pm yesterday evening. The complainant reported that a vehicle had left the roadway and struck a hydro pole. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol and illegally in possession of firearms. Minor injuries were reported in the collision.
Robert LEBRUN (age 54) of Selwyn Township, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
• Operation while impaired-blood alcohol concentration-80 plus
• Operation while impaired-alcohol
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm
• Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
• Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition-two counts
The accused had their driver’s licence suspended for 90 days and vehicle impounded for seven days.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on December 15, 2021.