The Northumberland County Housing Corporation (NCHC) is now accepting applications to fill a citizen vacancy on its Board of Directors. The Board oversees operations related to the NCHC’s portfolio of over 350 rent-geared-to-income (RGI) and affordable rental units across Northumberland County.
The NCHC Board of Directors is comprised of County Council representatives, the County Chief Administrative Officer, and members of the public. The Board is responsible for:
- Maintenance of corporate by-laws, agreements and reports as required by legislation and the shareholder;
- Appointment of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and Manager of Housing Programs (and such other officers of NCHC as may be appropriate);
- Provision of long-range strategic planning as it relates to asset management and other key strategic decisions; and
- Oversight of expenditures and revenues, as well as establishing an annual budget and making a recommendation for adoption to the County as a sole-shareholder.
NCHC is inviting applications from members of the public with interest, experience and/or knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Community housing
- Planning services including legislation in the multi-residential sector
- Development planning and asset management planning
- Facilities management
- Legal and financial expertise
- Social services delivery
- Lived experience of homelessness, poverty and housing insecurity
All individuals interested in applying are encouraged to submit an application through the Northumberland County website by 12:00 p.m. on February 14, 2022.