A man has been arrested for numerous charges after police responded to a traffic complaint.
On the afternoon of January 21, 2022, police responded to a traffic complaint in the area of Orange Street and Spring Street. Police located a vehicle matching the description provided in a parking lot. When police approached, the vehicle sped off, almost hitting an officer and subsequently hitting a police cruiser. The vehicle was rendered immovable, and the driver was arrested and taken into custody.
As a result of the police investigation, Harjinder Pal Deewra (23) of Brampton is charged with the following offences:
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance contrary to Section 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code
- Assault with a Weapon contrary to Section 267 (a) of the Criminal Code
- Assault Police Officer contrary to Section 270(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Mischief Not Exceeding $5000 contrary to Section 430(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possess Property Obtained by Crime Exceeding $5000 contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a schedule I substance – methamphetamine contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- 3 counts of Possession of property obtained by crime not exceeding $5000 contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Fail to comply with release order contrary to Section 145(5) of the Criminal Code
- 2 counts of Fail to comply with Probation contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code
The accused was held in custody pending a Show Cause Hearing.