Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle that was travelling at a high rate of speed on County Road 29 at approximately 1:30 a.m. yesterday morning. Further investigation revealed that the driver is prohibited from driving. The driver was arrested and a search of the vehicle was conducted. Officers seized 11.6 grams of cocaine, fentanyl, cash, scales, a cellphone and a replica handgun.
Dominick RIVERS (age 29) of Peterborough, was charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-cocaine
• Possession of a Schedule I substance-opioid
• Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code-two counts
• Driving while under suspension- three counts
• Drive motor vehicle-perform stunt-excessive speed
• Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice
• Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
• Fail to comply with Probation Order- two counts
• Obstruct peace officer
The accused was held in custody and appeared for a bail hearing before the Ontario Court of Justice in Oshawa yesterday.