On Saturday, October 29, 2022, at 9:30 p.m., police on patrol observed an individual walking on Division Street in the Town of Cobourg who was known to be wanted on an outstanding warrant by Cobourg Police Service.
As a result of the police investigation, Cole LeBarge (31) of Cobourg was arrested on the strength of the warrant. During the arrest, police located a knife, illegal drugs with an estimated street value of over $28,000, and over $1,000 in Canadian currency in the man’s possession. The man was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance (Cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance (Fentanyl) for the Purpose of Trafficking, Contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5,000 – contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose, contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a prohibited device, or ammunition, contrary to section 92(2) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of weapon or ammunition contrary to prohibition order, contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code
LeBarge was held for a bail hearing.