A 39-year-old Ajax man is facing charges after a firearms investigation.
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022, officers from the Peterborough Police Service Criminal Investigative Services arrested the accused and charged him with:
- Transfer Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon without Authority
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x2
After the arrest, Peterborough and Durham Police officers conducted a search warrant at an Ajax residence.
As a result of the search warrant the accused was further charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon x3
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearms with ammunition
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court today, November 17, 2022.