The Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged a driver after a traffic stop.
On February 1, 2023, at approximately 10:30 p.m., Quinte West OPP were patrolling Highway 2, when they observed an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) travelling on the roadway. An investigation led to the driver being arrested.
Shayne DESORMO, 35 years old, from Trenton has been charged with the following offences:
- Operate While Prohibited – Criminal Code (CC)
- Drive Under Suspension – Highway Traffic Act (HTA) – two counts
- Drive Without Proper Headlights – HTA
- Drive Without Proper Rear Light – HTA
- Fail to Signal Stop – HTA
- Fail to Drive on Shoulder – HTA
- Drive Off-Road Vehicle – No Insurance – Off Road Vehicle Act
- Drive Off-Road Vehicle – No Number Plate – Off Road Vehicle Act
- Drive Off-Road Vehicle – No Permit – Off Road Vehicle Act
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on March 2, 2023. Additionally, the vehicle was impounded for 45 days.