A man has been charged with drug trafficking after being arrested on a warrant.
On Saturday, March 11, 2023, police arrested a Cobourg man on the strength of an endorsed warrant held by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP).
Upon arrest, police located a prohibited knife, suspected Fentanyl, Crystal Methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, and over $1,600 Canadian currency. Through further investigation, police learned the man was bound by conditions prohibiting the possession of weapons.
As a result, Brandon Pereira (29) of Gores Landing was charged with the following:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-Crystal Methamphetamine- 5(2) Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-Fentanyl -5(2) CDSA
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 -354(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Possession of a Prohibited Device –92(2) CCC
- Possession of Prohibited Device contrary to Prohibition Order- 117.01(1) CCC
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking – 145(4)(a) CCC
The accused was released on an undertaking and turned over to OPP who assumed custody.